- This event has passed.
Sun 3 February , 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Sunday, repeating until 07-04-2019
Number Ninjas is a popular early numeracy program for preschool kids aged 2 to 5. It is play-based and designed to instil a lifelong love of mathematics and logical reasoning in your child. The curriculum is rigorous and designed by a mathematician. Early numeracy is an umbrella term that incorporates many vital skills, including logical reasoning, spatial sense, number sense, understanding of proportions, pattern recognition, awareness of shapes, measurement skills, comparison of sizes, problem-solving skills, telling time, awareness of concepts such as seasons and months of the year, and abstract thinking. To teach these skills, Number Ninjas classes use evidence-based strategies and tools such as:
- Having a library of wonderful books that teach mathematical concepts
- Using rhyme and song
- Games and activities such as keeping shop
- Using craft
- Creating a rich environment, where mathematical concepts are embedded in the surroundings
- Providing opportunities for children to build their mathematical vocabulary
- Building familiarity with mathematical tools such as an abacus, a ruler, calendars and clocks
The classes have had amazing feedback and the teacher is excellent. You can book for next term via the website: http://www.numberninjas.com.au
Places in Hampton are very limited and the class is nearly full, so book soon.
Sundays 10:00am – 11:00am
|Term 1 2019||Starts: 03/02/19|